LEAP 2019 – day 5
Some notes on the final day @ LEAP! This was the final day and filled with various talks. For me the most interesting one today was related to the upcoming .NET 3.0 🙂
- Microsoft has the focus on two new workloads for .NET: AI and IoT
- Open Sourced WinForms and WPF in December 2018
- Improved performance
- Repl: Browse your API as a filesystem (list the methods etc.)
- Swagger IntelliSense helps decorating API’s
- Windows desktop support with WPF and WinForms
- Designers and templates will come later
Demo: proposal of some new features for Visual Studio and .NET 3.0. Under NDA, very fresh. Mentioned the NSwag package for producing OpenAPI Spec documentation.
Migrate Full Framework to Core by going through the .NET Standard. Nuget Microsoft.Windows.Compatibility will fix build errors. There is also a .NET Analyzer (Microsoft.DotNet.Analyzers.Compatibility) to provide full text warnings and hints.
- ML.NET 0.9 enables simple entry point to ML for developers. Few lines of code and your good.
- EF for Cosmos DB will come soon,
- followed by EF for Redis.
It is currently being moved to the ASP.NET Core 3.0 repo, so there is most of the information on this topic: https://github.com/aspnet/AspNetCore/tree/master/src/Components